Photo of the moment

Photo of the moment

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trout Creek, OR

Oct. 2-4th
The climbing was unique to anything I’ve ever seen before. The basalt columns standing high up on the hill took about 30-40min to reach from the parking. We appreciated having our bikes along the flat section of the approach. The area was quite popular with fisherman also who floated along Trout Creek. Apparently it’s quite famous for Chinook and Steelhead fishing at certain parts of the year. I wished I had brought my fly rod out with me on the trip! The unique climbing was almost exclusively on cracks between the columns which made for great crack climbing practice. The climbs are so condensed and varied from thin fingers to wide fists and stem boxing which made it convenient to practice different techniques. They were very demanding climbs since all of them where very sustained and vertical. We were glad that a friend from Seattle suggested us to come here since we hadn’t heard of it before. Not too many people stop by here. When we walked up to it I remembered seeing a photo of the place on the cover of Climbing Magazine a while ago and thought it was a really cool place. I was glad I accidentally had a chance to climb here.

Click on photos to enlarge.
The sun setting  with the crag high up on the left hillside.
Photo taken from the parking.

One of the many climbs along the columns.









A panoramic view opposing the climbing area. Trout Creek bellow.




No comments:

Post a Comment