Photo of the moment

Photo of the moment

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Drive to sunny California?

We took the scenic way towards Yosemite by heading west through Oregon to reach the coast and then took Hwy 101 South. To get there we passed by the small logging town of Coos Bay in Oregon. The town doesn’t have much for tourist attractions. I have known it as the hometown of my running idol Steve Prefontaine. Pat and I went out to run around town for the sake of it and came across a high school track. As I ran a lap on the track, it opened my eyes to how a guy from such a small town had a big impact on me and plenty of others. We continued south on highway 101 to reach California where it rained continuously on the drive. We plan to be in Yosemite tonight (Oct. 10th).


Sunrise near Redman, Oregon.
One of the famous quotes by Pre.

Colours along the drive to the coast of Oregon.

California beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment